Friday, January 1, 2010

Trying out a NaBloPoMo Again...

So I signed up to do a blog a day a month but the twist is this: I'm pulling double duty. I'm going to keep this one up but not EVERY day. My "every day blog" will be at this place: My New Blog and depending on if I can keep up with both by the end of the month I'll see which one I like better.

The theme for NaBloPoMo is "Best" And I know that I've asked for help before, but this time I'm serious. I want to do something like "The Best Email chain from a friend" or "Best Memory from..." "my best mistake" (haha) But as you can see I need HELP. So I want some suggestions of the "best of" for my blog. I want to get this done this month really badly! And I also want to try out WordPress to see if I like it better then Blogger. So I need feed back and what not. Keep in mind that it is a work in progress over there and it is a lot different then Blogger, so I have to figure out how to keep everything going.

I'm really nervous about switching because I finally have more then a couple followers and I hate to confuse everyone right off the bat. So if it gets confusing again, let me know and I will gladly do whatever you want me to do. Because that's who I am, I'm a people pleaser.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck, Miranda. Are you doing this as a writing exercise? To see if you can write daily?

    I'm just wondering why doing a post a day appeals to you. I don't have any decided opinions on the matter, one way or the other. I just see people express a desire to do this (have a post a day) and I don't understand the draw, unless it is a writing challenge.

    On that note: The easiest way to do a "Best" list is to start with the objects around you, pick one from whatever is close by, and write about the "best" of _____ . So if I were doing that the objects at hand (just to name a few) would be a lip balm, camera, my cell phone, iPod, clock, candlestick, two adventure games, nail polish remover, a glass of water, etc. etc.

    You pick an object, and whatever "Best" association comes up with it, write about that. The clock might be "Best time of the day to nap" or "Best Time of the Day", lip balm could be best makeup product, or best vacation (I tend to associate it with being outdoors), the iPod brings up "best songs" or makes me think of nights out, etc.

    It's basically free association. Look at an object, and figure out what your "best" association is with it. That's an old writing exercise, by the way. When you have a block, start telling a story about the objects on your desk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best dessert eaten
    Best pair of shoes ever owned
    Best place to buy kids clothes
    Best TV shows to watch

    ReplyDelete